As I was stuffing Christmas letters and listening to my favorite band, this song started to play. Now I am wondering, how can my heart be so full of joy for the gift of Jesus, for the excitement of this season and yet breaking for my children that are on the other side of the world? How can my heart experience such extremes and continue to beat? I won't be able to sit them on my lap and read Luke 2 with them tonight. I won't be able to see them with that wonder in their eyes when they come out and see their presents under the tree on Christmas morning. I won't be able to see their smiling faces as they tear open their presents. My heart is breaking and they don't even know that this is their last Christmas without their family.
Father, I pray that you will wrap your arms around my children until I can. Provide someone to read to them until I can. Thank you for our children and please bring them home soon. Thank you for your son Jesus and your amazing love. Amen.
Christmas next year will be so good!!
ReplyDeleteWe know those feelings all too well. . . holidays are just not the same are they? Praying they are in your arms soon!!!
ReplyDeleteHello Coppocks',
ReplyDeleteJust wondering, do you have a referral for boys from Ethiopia? I was trying to find the update on here. Congrats!!!
P.S. We are a waiting family at CHI and follow your blog occasionally from the blogroll.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete