
Shortly after we started this journey we found out we would be making two trips to Ethiopia. We discussed how it would be cool if we could take our boys along with us, but with very large $ looking us in the face we just brushed it aside and moved on. A couple months ago when I was running and experiencing what Francis Chan in his book Crazy Love calls the "awe factor of God". As I ran and looked at the stars, I was thinking again of how big God is. I then had the thought cross my mind that has been coming up quite a bit since we started this journey, "do you trust me", but this time it was followed up by "just how big do you really think I am". It was all I could do to keep running and not just fall on my knees right there. When I returned home Melanie and I discussed it, prayed about it and talked to friends and then decided to proceed with preparing to bring the boys with us to Ethiopia. We feel like this will be a great bonding time for our family and an amazing opportunity to cast vision for the boys. They will actually be able to see where their siblings came from and develop a heart for the nations. We will be trusting God for his provision. Not unlike every other aspect of life we are trying to balance what we trust God for and what we need to do. As I continued to pray about this, I felt like one way I could do my part is by selling my car. I put my car on craigslist and it sold in a couple weeks for the price I was asking. My dad then sold me his Explorer, way to cheap, I now had a 7 passenger vehicle and even more money than we had hoped to put in our adoption account. "That is not all, oh no, that is not all", yes, I like Dr. Suess, I then found out my insurance would be $30 a month less and when Melanie went to get the tag, we found out that since I purchased it from my dad we didn't have to pay sales tax, which saved us about $300. This seems to confirm that we did hear correctly. Last week we received a Fedex package from Chase our mortgage company. They wanted to lower our interest from 5.75% to 4.50% and it would cost us nothing! God is good, but as you will find out in part two I am not. The wheels are about to come off the wagon.
Brent.
I love how God continues to help us learn to trust Him. So far, He is proving so faithful! I have a feeling the provision will continue!!!
ReplyDelete