
I can't believe Jack turned 8 today. Saturday I finally knocked out some projects at work, so I will be off of overtime for awhile. I took the day off for Jack's birthday. I have really been looking forward to this 2 day weekend. Funny how what I used to take for granted seems like a big deal. I have been learning a lot about perspective lately.
Jack rarely asks for anything, so when he asked for a very specific shoe for his birthday, my first response was to run out and buy them. His shoes are getting small, the kid is growing like crazy. He recently learned how to tie shoes, so he wanted shoes with laces. No more velcro for Jack. After some looking we found out the shoes were not available at the stores we normally shop at and were a little on the spendy side. Since we have been reading Crazy Love and Radical we decided buying cheaper shoes and offering to let him give away the difference would be an option. Today when he opened his shoes we explained this to him and he decided to donate the money to World Vision to buy soccer balls for children that otherwise wouldn't have one.

Jack wanted me to take him to eat at Braum's for his birthday lunch, so that's where we went. Jack ordered a cheeseburger and a banana split. He ate his cheese burger and a few of my fries, then he tied into his banana split.

This is how it ended. Most of the banana and a little ice cream left, but he gave it a good try. Maybe next year?

Then we went as a family to the zoo. Today was really nice, although a little windy. This is usually a fun time of year with lots a baby animals to check out. Today we only saw a few, but getting to see the lion cub was really cool. It was funny to see him on top of the big rock where his dad normally is. Jack thinks his new running shoes are pretty fast. He had to race me a few times to try them out.
Jack says he had a good birthday. We will be heading to soccer practice after diner, so the fun is not over yet. I know it's been one of my favorite birthdays so far. Of course any day off work hanging out with my boys is a great day.
Brent.
No comments:
Post a Comment