Other than it being a really good movie and having the same title as my post, that's about all they have in common. It seems that you need a picture with your post, but maybe it's just my paradigm. I did not post last week, not because I didn't have anything to say, but because I didn't want to. I was on the edge and was wanting to return to my old coping ways of the turtle. Everything was piled up and weighing heavy.Pastor Terry had a great talk about patient endurance and the fact that it takes work, but you can experience joy in the middle of it. Monday morning I had a really great time with God, but I was still on the edge. Monday night I talked with Melanie about where I was and found out she was in the same place. Melanie and the boys needed me to step up, no time for going turtle on them. Tuesday morning I had another great time with God and then met my friend Kevin for breakfast. Kevin is a master encourager. After talking with Kevin all the things started to fall into place. I also called in the calvary, I asked my men's group for prayer.
I started to see that this was just a continuation of my growing that was put in place by the prayer I prayed a few months back. It's all about perspective. I had been focused on all the things that were piling up and feeling like I was about to be crushed. I wanted to just give up or at least take a break. If my perspective is right, this is where I get to see God move in my life. I was at the end of me and I needed him. I started to see this as an opportunity to grow and became excited about what God was doing in my life.
I am really blessed. I need to constantly remember that. Remembering the things God has done in my life helps greatly with my perspective. The daily simple choices of spending time with God, the music I listen to, going to church, small group I attend, the friends I spend time with etc. In the every day none of this really seems like a big deal and is easy to let slide, but when the troubles come, the little choices are what make the difference. The bible is very clear, we will have troubles in this broken world. Thankfully we have a really big God that we can run to.
Brent
No comments:
Post a Comment