Our adoptive families journey through life

Our adoptive families journey through life

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adoption update 1 year

It's hard to believe we have been on the waiting list for a year. Last year I thought we would have our referral by now and had hoped we would have our family together for Christmas. I knew this was a long shot, but it was possible. This year it seems like we are farther away. I know we are a year closer, but my hope of even having a referral by this time next year is not real high.

There have been changes in the information needed for the referral process this year that have really slowed things down. I believe once these things are worked through the process will get back to normal, but it's hard to say when that will happen. All of the changes are for the children's best interest, which is the most important thing. In addition to that, the process after the referral has also slowed down. The time between our referral and bringing our children home will be about six months longer.

To put things into perspective. The wait times through our agency and I believe all agencies for China and Cambodia are five years. God has made it very clear through this process that we are headed down the right path. We also know that if the adoption happens in two months or in two years, it really doesn't matter. Although some days it is easier to deal with this than others. We are praying for patience and trusting in God's timing.

Brent.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I didn't realize how much longer everything has become. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete