Our adoptive families journey through life

Our adoptive families journey through life

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The State Fair

It's amazing how much you can do in one day at the fair!
  • Watch a western comedy
  • Watch pigs race for an Oreo
  • Eat a Pronto Pup
  • See hundreds of birds (the eaten kind) all in one building (imagine the noise)
  • Walk through a petting zoo that even had a zebra and a porcupine
  • Watch cute little horses compete to see who could pull the most cinder blocks
  • Watch a scientist blow up a lot of stuff
  • Help make a play house
  • Win a tool box kit and get to put it together yourself
We all had a great time and decided that next year we are leaving earlier and staying later. Believe it or not, we didn't get to do everything.

I couldn't believe how fast those little piggies could run!


These little things were so excited and ready to pull, their owners could hardly keep them contained.


Eli loved the animals. Here he is petting a hog.

Here is the presentation put on by the Cosmosphere. He is torching a very large cotton ball that has been soaking in liquid oxygen. It was so fast, I can't believe I got the picture!



They had a play house that the kids could help finish building by hammering in a few nails. All three boys got to help.

Jack got to spin a wheel to win a prize and he landed on the jack pot. He could have picked anything on the wheel or build his very own tool box. He picked the tool box, however, it's more like a treasure box. Jack loves containers to put all his special things in, so this was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fair. I don't think there's ever enough time to do everything. You saw things I didn't even know were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! I'm so glad I finally stopped in and got an update on your family happenings! Didn't you look at the RVs at the fair? We girls and Nate spent about an hour on that :)

    ReplyDelete