
This is what I think of when I think of the number five.
Judging by the fact that you can often catch my boy's singing this little jingle, this is probably more relevant to them.
Since my friend Chris recommended the book Born To Run by Christopher McDougall and I have started running in these, this is probably the latest 5 we think of.Why all the five talk, well, we have been on the waiting list for our referral for five months. In some ways it seems like the time has gone really fast and once we are on the other side looking back I'm sure it will seem even faster. Right now though, we are struggling. We are glad when people ask us about the adoption, because we know they care, but giving them the answer that we are just waiting doesn't seem very good. Financially we are doing pretty good. The once staggering amount that was looming ahead of us now seems more manageable. We need to come up with money for our two trips to Ethiopia, but we have seen God provide in some really cool ways, so we continue to trust and we will be having a few more fund raisers this year.
We have many of the same thoughts we had when we were pregnant with each of our boy's, but we have even more unknowns with adoption. Are they born yet? What are they dealing with? What are their parents going through? The biggest struggle right now is probably when. We just want the rest of our family home. As Eli said, "mom, when are our kids coming home? It's taking forever!" We are trying to trust God and his timing, we know that he is in control. Knowing this truth is simple, living it out is the hard part. I wish I had more of an update, but this is what I know.
Brent.
No comments:
Post a Comment