Our adoptive families journey through life

Our adoptive families journey through life

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm a pretty star

When Jack's coach needs to discipline the boy's at soccer practice, one of the things he does, is make them bend over, touch their toes, then jump up extending their arms in the air and swing them down to their sides as their legs swing out to the side, while yelling I'm a pretty star. This is humorous and humbling all at the same time. That's kind of how I feel about this post.

A few weeks ago, I was watching some children play, when I noticed a little girl crying. She would start wailing until an adult would acknowledge her, she would share how one of the other children had offended her and then go back to playing. The longer I watched the more disgusted I became. In the middle of my disgust I had the feeling there was a lesson for me, but I stuck my fingers in my ears, la la la I'm not listening...

This week in my quiet time I finally pulled my fingers out of my ears and was shown how I am that little girl. Ouch! This is quite often the case with me, I find out that I do exactly what annoys me most. This really is a continuation of a lesson I posted about previously. If I ain't learned nutn God continues the lesson. Usually with a bigger hammer, because I'm a little stubborn, but a little girl...

I have been complaining about work and how I am being wronged to pretty much anyone that will listen. Just like that little girl. I have been shown this previously, but I still fall back into it. It doesn't make my life look very compelling which is very disappointing. I talk to the boys all the time about taking responsibility for their actions and it being about them not someone else, but that hasn't been what I am modeling. It's time for me to start again. Working with excellence no matter the circumstances. Living out the truth I know from the bible, Colossians 3:23-24 says, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

I'm a pretty star,
Brent.

No comments:

Post a Comment