Last week my cousin's 18 year old daughter Kalleen was killed in a car accident. When we were in Iowa Memorial Day Weekend, she was graduating high school. The funeral wasn't until Monday, but we left Saturday morning for Iowa with my parents. Saturday afternoon we were able to attend my Great Aunt's 95th Birthday Party. I remember on trips to my grandparents when I was a kid and going by to see her, so it was nice to see her again. She said, "I never thought I would see this day". I always remember her having such a positive attitude and that has not changed. It was also very encouraging to hear her pray before the party started. It made me miss my grandma.
Sunday evening was the viewing and Monday afternoon we went to the funeral. One of the many things Kalleen did was manage the football team. It was really exciting to hear the football coach share truth from the Bible. It was exciting to think what an impact that had to have on his football team and the rest of the students. Not to mention when the pastor spoke, nobody left that place without knowing there was a decision to be made. Will you accept the free gift Jesus offers or not.
It was a weekend of contrasts. We celebrated the 95th birthday of a woman that lived for Jesus and a 18 year old life that was lived for Jesus. We don't know how long we have to accept the gift, but decision has eternal consequences. I'm thankful for the legacy my grandmother left. Knowing that me, Melanie and the boys will all see her one day, especially since it could be much sooner than we think.
Brent.
No comments:
Post a Comment