Our adoptive families journey through life

Our adoptive families journey through life

Friday, April 12, 2013

It's all about me.

A couple weeks ago one of my friends at work mentioned that he saw on Facebook the Traxxas Torc series was coming to Dodge City.  We don't do Facebook, so if it hadn't been for Brian, I probably wouldn't have known until it was long over.  I am a fan of short course trucks and since Melanie is a fan of road trips, I thought it might work out.  I prepared my self for the inevitable scheduling conflicts that often change plans.  As the date grew closer, my excitement continued to grow.  I tried to focus on making sure Melanie had a good time, but the thought of getting to see those trucks live made it hard to stay focused.  A couple days before the race I found out the boys could get in free, so the decision was made to take them along.  I knew this could really change how much time I could spend checking out the trucks and maybe even how much of the races I would get to see, so I continued to prepare myself and not get too excited.  The day of the race Henry said he didn't want to go.  I convinced him to come along and we headed for Dodge City.
Henry and Jack taking a couple RC short course trucks for a test drive.
Eli in the pits next to Scott Douglass' Pro 4.  Eli has the 1/16th Traxxas version, so I guess you know who we were cheering for in Pro 4.
Getting ready for the start of the Pro Lite race, my favorite class.
One of the Pro Lite trucks flying by.

The boys got pictures of several of the trucks that were autographed by the drivers.  They were able to test drive RC Short Course trucks and before the big trucks raced the Pros had a RC truck race.  At the end of the night Henry wanted to go back to the pits and check out the trucks again.  This made my day.  Needless to say we had a blast, even Melanie is ready to go back next year.  Fortunately it wasn't all about me in the end.
Brent.






No comments:

Post a Comment