Our adoptive families journey through life

Our adoptive families journey through life

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twists and Turns


This sign is good picture of the way I see our adoption journey.  The only thing I'd change is a lot longer road between the turns.

On Friday we got a call letting us know that some new information was discovered and the children they had referred to us might not be adoptable.  We will now wait for the 1st court date to see what the judge says.  It doesn't look like we will be bringing these children home this summer or possibly even at all.

You'd think we'd be good at waiting by now.  It just doesn't get any easier.  We are very sad and not sure what to do with all this information we've received.  One thing we do know is that God's perspective is completely different than ours and his plan is perfect.

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.  He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."  Psalm 18:30

"for I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,  Do not fear; I will help you."  Isaiah 41:13


1 comment:

  1. Oh Brent and Melanie, I'm so sorry. We know how that feels. So sorry that the journey has been so complicated for you. I don't understand the why's of all this, but we'll all keep pressing on. Praying for comfort and strength as you continue on.

    ReplyDelete