We got to see Dr. Goddard's lab, (a presentation put on by the Cosmosphere), miniature horse pulls, chicken bathing, bees making honey and other fair things. The boys even got to try some deep fried Kool-Aid.
This is a chicken bathing presentation. The chicken really let that man wash her. They stuck the chicken in the first tub and squeezed dish washing soap all over her. Rubbed her down and rinsed her twice.
I don't know if you can tell, but that man is drying that chicken with a hair dryer. Does anyone else think this is funny? They were so serious. I told Brent they didn't look like farmers. He laughed and said, "farmers don't wash their chickens."
It was kind of a rainy day, so some areas weren't very busy. The boys went through this maze by themselves. Brent and I got to watch them from above. They had to find a M,A,Z,and E hidden in the maze. They could have found the end in about 10 minutes, but it took them about 30 to find all the letters. They loved it.
Henry at the end.
Eli almost done.
Jack coming in a second time.
It was another great year at the fair.
Funny, I've been to the fair at least 35 times in my life and you managed to find two things that I have never seen! We'll need to compare notes before going next year - my kids would love that maze. I would love the chicken bathing!
ReplyDelete