A few months back, everything is a few months back to me since I don't remember very well, I was listening to Focus on the Family. They were talking about marriage and how marriages are best when the husband loves the wife more. I thought about that quite a bit through the day and then had a really good talk that evening with Melanie about it. We decided, okay, so maybe it was me, that it was true. I loved her more and that is why our marriage is so great. Every since then, I made it a point to mention that I love her more when she tells me she loves me. When she thanks me for doing something for her, I remind her that it's because I love her more. It has been a fun way to joke around in a positive way, but also remind me to try and truly live it out.
A month or so ago, my friend Kevin taught a class at church on silence and solitude. Part of the class we spent actually practicing. While I was practicing beholding the Lord, I read a prayer from Soren Kierkegaard and it hit me. Jesus loves me more. The best verse in the bible to describe love is 1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is Jesus Christ laid down his life for us and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. The bible says Jesus is our husband and we are his bride. Jesus is the example of how we are supposed to live our lives. If he loves his bride more than she loves him, then it makes sense that our marriages are better when we follow his example. My friend Kevin says we should be the worlds greatest expert on our wives. Unfortunately I am not there, but I know that by trying to follow Jesus I can get closer every day.
So, why am I the one righting this post? That's easy and should be very apparent by now. I Love You More! Have a happy Valentines day beautiful.
Brent.
No comments:
Post a Comment